Friday, April 2, 2010

LA Photos

I decided to post a few photos from my short two day trip to LA. (Click the pictures to see them larger) The first day I drove down to my parents hotel, The Westin, after school. What a nightmare that was! So many one way streets, and freeways starting here and there! Thankfully I made it safely, and spent the rest of the day doing homework, going out to dinner, and finishing up the night with more and more homework. Luckily, the hotel had a nice lobby and I was able to order a tasty raspberry mocha. The Westin was really unique and classy and I hadn't been in any hotel like it. It had four circular towers and the rooms were sort of pie shaped. What I loved most about the hotel was how high up we were. We stayed on the 24th floor, but there were 35 stories in total. The view was amazing, and I spent most of the night sitting next to the window looking out at the city lights. Although my one complaint was how many lights were left on in office buildings at 3am. Such a shame. The hotel also had these really cool glass elevators on the outside of the building. Normally I'm scared to death of elevators, but not if they are glass. Yes, I am very weird when it comes to these sorts of things.





The next day it was supposed to rain, so we were a little fearful of going to Universal Studios. We decided to try it anyways, and luckily there was no rain clouds in sight! It was nice spending the day with just my parents. What was even better was they got in for free, because of where they work, and I was able to get in for half price! I decided to upgrade it for ten dollars more and get a pass. If anyone wants to go, let me know! Even though the trip was short, and I had to suffer the next couple days making up my homework, it was really nice to get my mind off of things and enjoy spending time with my parents.



No comments:

Post a Comment