Tuesday, April 20, 2010

journal.

Hannah and I are truly sisters or something. She knows exactly what I need when I need it. Whether it’s a phone call when I’m feeling down, or just something small and thoughtful. I started a prayer journal recently, just in a spiral notebook. I’ve been meaning to get a nicer journal, but me being indecisive and left handed wouldn’t have gotten very far. I didn’t know what type of journal to get, and being left-handed I find most journals hard to write in. When I went to Biola this past Friday Hannah surprised me with this journal. She said she thought me as soon as she saw it. I just love her!



So besides Hannah being amazing, so is God! I’ve tried journaling before, earlier this year back in October, but didn’t stick with it very long. I’m more determined than ever this time to continue with it this time. Not only have I started this, but also reading the Bible. Like really reading the Bible. Not just a chapter here and a chapter there, but really reading it. My goal is to read the whole Old Testament in about 3 months. I’m currently taking an Old Testament Bible class online through Moody, but even they don’t require you reading the whole thing. I’ve decided to make it a goal by the end of the class to read it anyways. To be honest, I’m not sure if I’ve completed reading even any book of the Bible straight through. It’s incredible just how great Genesis is! It’s also strangely very relatable to my life. Just reading about God’s promises and following through with them is amazing! Even though this journey I’ve started seems at times, time consuming, it’s well worth it already. God’s already changed my attitude towards things just in this short amount of time. It’s amazing what God will do in your life if you actually give Him the time of day! I still am not certain though exactly how this journal should be layed out, lately I’ve just been writing down prayer requests for others, then myself, and praises. So if anyone keeps one and has a great idea then please do share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment