Monday, April 19, 2010

Brag Time.

Okay it’s brag time. I can’t help myself. So as I walked into the kitchen this morning, what did I see lying on the kitchen table? This…





I’m thinking woahh!! My cousin Leah Shafer has a huge feature in the High Desert section of the Daily Press. I thought that was pretty cool. So I figured I’d take the time to brag about her. Not only is she gorgeous, probably the most beautiful woman I know, but she also has an amazing voice and loves the Lord.




So she isn’t exactly famous yet, but she’s the closest thing the family has to stardom, haha! Not to mention her husband, Ross Shafer, used to host tv shows and had his own night time television show, Almost Live on NBC and took over The Late Show. Oh and also hosted The Match Game. Yes, yes my family is famous..haha not really. But the main point of this, besides bragging, is to be reminded of following your dreams. My cousin states, “I don’t like to play it safe. I’d like to pursue my dreams. You only live once.” This is so true! Figure out what you want, don’t fear it, and go for it! Leah does exactly this. She’s worked on the show The Singing Bee as a person that sings the beginning of the lyrics while the contestants have to finish it, and has also formed a band called Women on Fire that has had the opportunity to even sing in Vegas. She also sings at her church, Saddleback. She’s found her passion, singing. I hope and pray that, like her, I can find my passion and go for it!



Oh and by the way if you want to see her perform she’ll be at God’s Garden Church in Victorville on May 16.

You can hear her voice here!

2 comments:

  1. Ok that's just cool! Send my congrats to Leah on making it into the newspaper! Also, clever name for the blog post :)

    ReplyDelete